- Assays received from broad 18.1m zone of massive and semi-massive sulphide mineralisation intersected in LTED05W1 at Liontown East, from 486.9m down-hole
- LTED05W1 returned a very high-grade intercept of 6.1m @ 24.4% Zn Eq. from 486.9m down-hole, within a larger intercept of 18.1m @ 11.5% Zn Eq. from 486.9m to 505.0m down-hole
– 6.1m @ 24.4% Zn Eq. (0.7% Cu, 7.0% Pb, 14.1% Zn, 1.0 g/t Au & 51 g/t Ag) from 486.9m down- hole
– 18.1m @ 11.5% Zn Eq. (0.3% Cu, 3.1% Pb, 6.8% Zn, 0.6 g/t Au & 22 g/t Ag) from 486.9m down- hole
- This materially increases confidence in continuity of high-grade mineralisation at Liontown East
- The induced polarisation (IP) survey at Liontown is ongoing (approximately 20 line kilometres of the designed 76 line kilometres have been collected and processed to date). The results of this survey will be used in planning additional drill holes to further expand the mineralisation at Liontown East and better understand the greater Liontown VMS System
Red River Resources Limited (ASX: RVR) (“Red River” or the “Company”) is pleased to report high-grade assay results for diamond drill hole LTED05W1 at the Liontown East target, part of the Company’s Thalanga Zinc Project (“Project”) in Queensland.
LTED05W1 was drilled to test the Liontown East discovery which is located on EPM 14161, approximately 1.2km east of the Liontown Mineral Resource (refer to Error! Reference source not found.Figure 3). LTED05W1 intersected a broad zone of massive and semi-massive sulphide mineralisation from 486.9m to 505.0m down-hole. LTED05W1 returned a high-grade intercept of 6.1m @ 24.4% Zn Eq. from 486.9m within a larger intercept of 18.1m @ 11.5% Zn Eq. from 486.9m to 505.0m down-hole.
- 6.1m @ 24.4% Zn Eq. (0.7% Cu, 7.0% Pb, 14.1% Zn, 1.0 g/t Au & 51 g/t Ag from 486.9m to 493.0m down-hole
- 18.1m @ 11.5% Zn Eq. (0.3% Cu, 3.1% Pb, 6.8% Zn, 0.6 g/t Au & 21 g/t Ag) from 486.9m to 505.0m down-hole
Red River’s Managing Director Mel Palancian commented: “This is an outstanding result, and reinforces the high grade nature of the Liontown East discovery. The ongoing drilling, coupled with the results of our current IP program are allowing us to develop a better understanding of the material potential of the Liontown System.
This is an exciting time for Red River, with the fully funded Thalanga Project restart on course to commence production in 2H 2017, and we continue to drill the exceptional high grade Liontown East discovery, with LTED06 in progress.”